Folks you should be following in 2020

06:58



I've gone back and forth about sharing this post. In the moment, it seems fun to let ya'll in on the people that inspire me on social media. But also, I've told myself that I must slim down my "following" so that it's a manageable number once more. 'Cause you know me, I'm all about conversations and I can't really do that with each person behind the 600+ accounts I am following. Gotta save time to live, right?

I'm still working through what a proper balance of social media + real life looks like for me. And yeah, it's going to be different for everyone. So you might not mind if I share 9 more people for you to follow. Or you might not even read this post because you see the title and think, "oh no, I can't go there."

Wherever you are on the spectrum, know that you get to control how much social media affects your life, and the "should be following in 2020" part of my title is really me saying "folks you might want to follow because I think they're cool"

(photographers are indicated by * Sorry if you're surprised by that.)




Heather Woolery*
Here is one of my favorite photographers to date. I immediately fell in love with her style, personality, and photography vibes. Her captions are one of my favorite things to read - I know she's going to say something good and honest. And as a native of my home state, I know I can always count on her to comment on the Northwest weather *wink, wink*


Rachel Nicole*
Aside from how I love nearly every photo she posts, I'm also crazy impressed with the sheer amount of work she does while still maintaining creativity with each and every shoot. If you're going to browse her work at all, let me suggest you start with: 15 stories - a series she photographed highlighting mental illness. I was blown away by it.


Kaley Kocinski*
Her bio says, "photographs you can feel". And you can. Kaley's style is dreamy, whimsical, and full of light and air. I really think she has some of the best emotion-capturing photos I've seen. idk, I just love looking through her feed.


Brent Christy
In looking for cinematographers to follow this year, I haven't come across many that showcase their work in a visually cohesive way. Brent does this very well. His shots are always interesting, even if I don't know the context of them. Looking forward to watching one of his films one day!


Dom & Dom
The creativity on this account blows my mind. Dom started on Instagram, posting photos of her and her two daughters in themed outfits. She called the series #AllThatIsThree. Years later, she's being featured on Instagram and producing even more creative (and wild) photos. I love seeing her pop up in my feed. It reminds me how much far creativity can be stretched within the small space that is a photograph.


Tori Eegger*
Once upon a time, Keira thought she was going to be a livestock photographer. Turns out, she's not really sure what branch of photography she's most drawn to. Tori does mostly western fashion and livestock, but occasionally there's a wedding too. She's passionate about farming, all things western, and recently she just launched a Youtube channel (which I'm excited to start watching!). She has an entire highlight dedicated to before/after shots, and I really appreciate that kind of transparency in a photographer. She's the best!



Meg Bird*
Her photography is everything you could want in a photo: emotion, color, landscape. I mean, just LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS, OKAY? I aspire to this level of talent.


The Plant People
Not much to say here except this is a pretty new account, and it's full of plants.
What more could you ask for?


Kaetlyn Anne
You know her if you follow the vintage shop, Calico and Twine. I've loved following her Insta with all it's cozy aesthetic. Plus she writes about sustainable and low-impact living, which is something I want to get better at. She also creates the dreamiest video vlogs, so you might want to watch those as well.







| Let’s Have a Conversation |

What kinds of people do you follow the most? • Who are your favorites from this list? • Any Instagramers I should know about? Do you like to follow a bunch of accounts or keep your list small? Reasons?

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ahh, all of the accounts you mentioned are so beautiful and unique! I adore all of the photographers' feeds and can't believe I've never heard of them until now, their photos truly tell a story. *heart eyes* This was such a great post, Keira <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you could find some beautiful accounts, Ash!

      cheers.
      k.

      Delete
  2. This is such a great list! I need to check out all of these accounts, especially since I'm trying to get more into photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Hope you can find the inspiration you need. :)

      best.
      k.

      Delete