thank goodness

18:58



I know it's been a hell of a minute since I showed myself here
(a.k.a. what every blogger says after a long break, while they excuse themselves for being busy and all that).

If you've been around for a while, you've heard me talk about "a big thing" that happened in 2018 (in which in many ways, I'm still recovering from). See, my family and I moved across the country. We brought with us a lot of grand, grand plans. But. . .as life usually goes, those plans didn't pan, and so instead of buying a house, we spent close to a year living other people's spaces, attics, or basements. We even spent time in a renovated trailer which had no electricity. The word I'd use to describe that time was "insane" - and I do mean that in the strictest sense possible. My parents looked tirelessly for a house. They would think they'd found one, but every time there would be a wall. And if there wasn't a wall, one would grow out of the ground as they watched, helpless. It was crushing. A lot of stress. You name it. Needless to say, that summer I learned how to live out of a box, sleep on the floor, go without doing laundry, all while having a full-time job. Don't ask, I don't have a clue how I made it (lots of deep breaths and runs, I guess. I ran a lot in 2018).

Finally my parents found a rental and we moved in the next fall. It wasn't the prettiest dwelling, but it was a stable place to return to. We were (mostly) comfortable there, but still, dream was still to have a place to make our own. A true home.

this year, that dream came true.

My parents found a beautiful home in the country with its own well and power source (although a bit sketchy at times). It's been hell to get into it, but finally it's here and ours at last. Everything is not peachy, though, don't misunderstand. There is a lot of work still. We have to survive on our own, source our own power, plow our own road - everything that comes with living in the wilderness. It's not gonna be easy.

but thank goodness it's ours.

I'm so ready to settle down after nearly two years of ups and downs. I don't even mind that we'll be living without a lot of modern conveniences. I mean, I can already cook flawless eggs on a wood stove, and who needs hot water anyway?

just kidding, I really
love hot water.



I know there will be cries of "pictures! I want to see pictures!" but I'm a private person, so while I will consider it, I make no promises. But believe me when I tell you, it's a GORGEOUS HOUSE and. . .


though it is, I admit
the tiniest bit
unlike I anticipated
but I couldn't be happier
simply couldn't be happier

sincerely.
k.

postscript #1 - credits to the lyrical genius
that is Stephen Schwartz



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Aw I'm so happy for you and your family! I know how stress and uncertainty can be crushing, but knowing God is always working on something better than you can ever imagine is reassuring! I hope you all feel settled and can enjoy your new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! It's been such a blessing and I am enjoying it very, very much.

      cheers.
      k.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gracious. I cannot even begin to celebrate this enough. So, so incredibly happy for you. xx

    (as soon as I read the title, I had that tune running through my head. thank the lord for stephen schwartz, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. It’s been quite the roller-coaster, but worth every bit of struggle.

      I know! It just seemed like the perfect song, and I remember thinking that when I first heard it, “wow I relate”.

      Delete