adventures in video / waterfalls

06:58



This year, for me, has really been one for creative growth. It feels oh so good to try creative things that aren't what I'm used to. And one of the things I've been experimenting with this summer is: video. I have been taking video snapshots (pretty much since I started photography) but I haven't had the tools to turn them into anything. But now they are pilling up and therefore demand to be made into something.

What I've learned so far is that video is an entirely different breed of creativity: it's more technically tricky, and it takes a hundred times more patience. You could think it looks fine enough "in camera" but when you watch it on your computer, ALL THE FLAWS APPEAR. On top of that, editing programs can be a beast. But it's fun. Fun to experiment.

I've been watching the wonderful videos from Randy Abby (you may know her from Insta as: thatbanjogirl), and Olivia Garretson (who also has a beautiful insta:) - for inspiration.

I hope you enjoy this little smattering of different waterfalls I've visited



And if this was too terribly amateur, go watch some of Randy's and Olivia's videos.
They're so much better than mine!


cheers.
k.


Are you working on any creative projects this summer?
Shoot me a link or tell me about them in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This was so relaxing to watch and listen! Kinda want you to put it on spotify so I can just have it playing to set a calm, peaceful mood. 😉 I loved it!!

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much, Hanne!! You're da best : )


      cheers.
      k.

      Delete
  2. Mm. That was calming. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something special about flowing water, isn't there??


      xxx.
      k.

      Delete
  3. This video is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love the serene sound of waterfalls crashing down. <3 <3 <3 What did you use to film the clips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Ash!! Waterfalls are amazing, aren't they? I could listen to them forever.

      To answer your question: I used my regular photography camera (a Canon EOS M5), the kit lens, and built in microphone.

      cheers.
      k.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Keira, this was so lovely. It was so peaceful and calming, and just so perfectly *you*. I love it. And your video skills are not amateur in the least! I've been wanting to get into video a bit more (ironically, also from being in awe of Randy's work!), but I haven't made anything like this. It's beautiful.

    Don't negate your talents, dear friend. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy is the best, isn't she? I've been a closet admirer of her for years now. Thank you for always encouraging my projects - FOREVER GRATEFUL.

      If ya ever want to chat about video creating, I'd be down. There's so much more I need to learn, so much creative potential : )

      you're amazing!
      k.

      Delete