Nov. 12th / Thankfulness Thursday

06:58

good morning, friends

I woke up to snow this morning. I'd suspected it might, yesterday and Sunday, because Sunday was awfully chilly and windy. And yesterday was overcast and stormy. I'm not sure how much will be left when I post this on Thursday, but. . .I am still hoping for that last, last bit of sunshine.

I had two ideas in mind for this week. But I woke up thinking, "maybe I'll save the _____ idea for another week." The past two weeks have been, how shall I put it? Hella rough. I know I could blindly pick any week of this year, and probably say the same thing, and I keep thinking "gosh. I've had a lot of hard weeks, but as each one comes, they seem to top the others." So this will be simple, just a collection of paragraphed gratitude's.


moments like this:

*Little Brother puts in movie: opening title plays*
Me: omg is that a John Powell score???
Little Brother: omg it DOES sound like him!
Me: *checks DVD box* IT IS HIM
*We high-five*

Little Brother: why is it snowing? I didn't say it could snow!
- Anderson feelings on snow are mutual this year.

Moulin Rouge bway has been stuck in my head on and off for probably three weeks now. Pretty sure it's 'cause I know all the pop songs featured in it but otherwise, I can't explain why I love it so much.

Ya'll know I take Saturdays off, from everything. But I do create stuff if I'm feeling up to it. This Saturday was the weirdest day. . .to be plain: I had a lot of things bothering me. See, my attention span is slightly more than a goldfish, so I have to take breaks during creating because I just get bored with it. But not this time. I sat in my room with the same project for probably. . .five hours??? It was magical and surprising. Now, it didn't "fix" anything. I'm not suddenly "better" and "cured" of whatever was weighing on me, but wow I'm glad I got to experience a taste of what they call "the therapeutic side of creativity."

I'd been feeling like re-watching The Village for a couple weeks now, and I finally made time for it last weekend. Although this film will never be high on my "favorites" list, there's a lot of nostalgia there, and I think I'll always love the cinematography and music above all else. I will always hate the ending, but I do love it's quirks. And I just love Ivy's father (Edward, I think????) to pieces.


people/things like this:

I have watched THIS VIDEO an unhealthy number of times. It blesses my life. #theateralert #sorrynotsorry
Megan Bowen blesses my feed with authenticity
I am in awe (and very slightly jealous) of James Jin and the way his photos make you feel.

Adopting a cat was the best family decision we have made this year. He has brought so much laughter and unity into our home. Not to mention he is crazy cute and sits under my piano bench while I'm practicing


what are you grateful for this week, friends?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. (Before I even get into the post - the colors in this photo are just 😍)

    You should know that I just went and followed Megan Bowen and James Jin, while listening to "I'm Not Afraid of Anything" for the thousandth time. :-)

    I just love these paragraphs, and I'm so glad that you got to have some creativity therapy. This year just keeps packing the punches, huh? In it with you - I so hope this week is brighter. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Details make the best photos, sometimes. : )

      Creativity has been the best balm, lately. Here's to hoping you get space for it too <3

      thank you for everything.
      k.

      Delete
  2. The little moments in your life were so quirky and nice, and I liked the video you're obsessed with! Also I'm in love with this photo of the tree, it's so earthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Nature IS beautiful.

      cheers.
      k.

      Delete