Resurrecting my blog from the grave

18:58

Here's a question for you. How many months of neglect are a blog's death sentence? There's an "oh I was busy this week" kind of absence, but then there is also a "does this girl even exist anymore? Unsubscribe me." Asking for a friend : ) I'm at a two month absent mark, and I'd say that constitutes a little more than a dead blog. It's buried and forgotten.

Remember all Keira's promises to blog more, start this series or that? Ha! Trying to keep up with teenage promises is hard. She has a business to run! A commute to drive! Snow to shovel! Humans to feed!

So she trudges in every few months in case you think she's forgotten this space, that she has come to hate writing - such things are hard to come by in a busy life. The year is new and she will try again.

. . .

How is everyone? (by that I mean: you) Survived the new year I hope? It's always a little strange for me to mark the years changing because I don't exactly have any traditions. Maybe I will develop a few in years to come, but now Dec. 31st feels like any other day. I went to bed at a normal time because by then it had already been dark for a hundred years and it was too snowy to drive and see friends.

What are we, 10 days in? I can't say Jan has shown its intentions beyond winter in full force. This is usually the coldest month with the most snow - as the elements throw everything they can at us. I'm not sure the actual snowfall number, but our house is surrounded by four+ ft. drifts. (though i realize 4' of snow is nothing comparatively)

We had a warm spell this weekend. Every road is a sheet of ice. I can't wait for it to snow again just so we can have traction. Ice is THE worst, and unless you see (or drive) it - hard to explain its severity. Ironically, I more confident this winter thane ever, which I guess is a testement I am well on my way to being a seasoned Northerner : )

Tis the season for wrap-up posts, but I am trying not to remember 2021 too much. And I'm too aware "it was a crazy year" has already been used a hundred time. I posted earlier this year books so far in 2021 - read that if you haven't. But here's a small list of what I finished the later-half of 2021.

. . .

f i l m s

While You Where Sleeping
Snow Falling on Cedars
The Prestige
Downton Abbey


b o o k s

4 books by Ariel Lawhon (a.k.a everything she's ever published)
The Pelican Brief
Lone Survivor
City of Endless Night
House Rules (Picoult novel, of course!)


m u s i c

Into the Mystery / NTB
Godspell / Stephen Schwartz
This is the best version of "Better Together"
Flag Day soundtrack / Eddie Vedder
Get Out of the Way of Your Own Heart / Chris Renzema


stay warm
k.

How has 2022 been treating you so far?
What are you looking forward to most this year?

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. If your definition is anything to go by, I think my blog has one foot in the grave very often too.... ;)
    Always so good to read your posts. Thank you for sharing ❤️ while you're grappling with ice we've had heat that takes it all out of you and makes you stick to your chair xD
    Hugs to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad not to be alone in that boat, ha ha. And I still have readers : )

      Oh my, that sounds awful! I might be anxious for sunshine, but heat...I am not.

      k.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way with my blog, except I'm usually gone for like half a year before I'm like..."Oopsie, I really should post lol." Glad 2021 is over and we are all starting fresh! Thanks for the media recommendations, I will have to check them out. My 2022 has been decent so far. Hope yours has been great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, girl! Here's to the new year and its adventures.

      k.

      Delete
  3. Happy new year ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your blog is dead, my friend, mine was cremated long ago. 😂

    While You Were Sleeping has actually been on our list to watch this month, too, so you'll have to let me know your thoughts. And I am still ever so excited for those AL books. :-)

    I can't wait to dive into those music recs!

    I hope you're managing to stay warm, my friend. :-) I don't have the faintest idea what 2022 will hold, but I suppose I'm ready to find out??? No other choice but through!!!

    xx sending hugs always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #twinningalways

      We are staying quite warm at the moment - thanks to Grand Melt-Off '22, but I'm waiting for it to freeze us again. Spring is definitely not here yet.

      hugs right back!!
      k.

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy to see so many people rediscover their love for blogging in the new year! :) Your posts are always a treat, Keira, and I so look forward to them.

    I was so excited to see you loved The Prestige! It's one of my favorites. I also love Ariel Lawhon's books and I can't wait to look into all your other book and music recommendations!

    I hope 2022 is treating you well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone remembers their blog in the new year, don't they?? It *has* been fun to see everyone's posts.

      Ahhh, I figured you had probably read Lawhon. So excited for her next book, whenever that may be!

      happy new year, Hannah!
      k.

      Delete