August

18:58

It is once again the middle-ish of August, and like every. year. I can't possibly believe we're here again. I say I'm busy every summer, but this year takes the cake in an entirely new way. I picked up a second job, finally bought a paddleboard and saw a symphony live.

Life is good but I'm exhausted.

I've never experienced so much fun chaos in one season. I've come off a six-day work week all through July and although I haven't exactly been working six days a week in August - it feels just as busy. The daily run-around is. . .fine. It's what I asked for! But I would still love to have both worlds: the sense of accomplishment without mind-numbing insanity.

Today, a gal complimented on one of our racks because of all the fall hues she can't wait to wear; everywhere, people can't wait for fall. I took a deep breath before I answered because my insides were screaming no no no

*deep breath*

August has clear skies, I rejoiced on my run yesterday. There was only the faintest hint of smoke on the horizon. If this year keeps as wet as it has been, maybe we can get through the next critical weeks without a beige horizon??? I hope so.

I promised myself I'd finish+schedule this today, since I have a full day at the shop. What's been going on, you ask?


the bullet list version:

• fav playlist:
• still watching the west wing (anyone who wants to obsess, you know where to find me)
• basil smoothies are underrated
• my favorite dish right now: bruschetta (my inner Francesca Johnson is proud)
• can someone rant with me about "Legends of the Fall" plot line?
• don't know why I didn't grow up listening to Billy Joel; I'm obsessed.
• haven't read a book I truly enjoyed for months. this is a sad state to be in.


Need to wrap this up and finish my projects before heading straight to rehearsal.
Here's to August sunshine,
k.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Glad I'm not the only one eternally dreading fall's arrival. :-) Keep plugging on, my friend - you are killing it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can make it!!! always glad to have you in my corner

      Delete