Thankfulness Thursday 2022

20:19

As I write that title, it’s Friday, November 4th, 08:30…sources tell me this was supposed to be published yesterday, and I know that. I believe this is my first ever “Thursday post on a Friday” - it will probably happen again.

We’ve been getting snow warnings for two weeks. Every day the mountains outside my window are a little less their usual colors, blanketed by white. This morning snow finally hit us. High of 37.

Next week isn’t getting above 30.

I’d fully intended to pop in here before November, but you are a probably sick of hearing my good intentions regarding this space. I never thought I’d become that person who gets too busy with life to keep up with writing. Truth is, sometimes the last thing I want to do after a day is reprocess what I’m feeling, or explain the days events in metaphor.

Life is a little slower now, thank goodness. My summer jobs and projects have ended. I’m mostly moved in (oh, did I mention I am living on my own now? I am quite behind with life updates). I’ve got this routine of work/dishes/see family/laundry/groceries - truly it’s not logistically different but it feels a lot different when you’re not in the family unit.

Places are first on my gratitude list this year. I was never a travel person - my childhood was spent in the same town, trips were holiday car rides to Grandma’s. Now that time is my own, I get to make those early dreams a reality.

Traveling doesn’t always need to be Europe. Sometimes it can mean a place three hours away you take a day to see because why on earth not? Sometimes traveling could be exploring the landscape around you, and finding new places to visit again and again.

I live in a world of what I think I need to be doing based on what I think people expect of me. Imaginary ties and upcoming obligations take up space, leaving none for adventure. Days off become days where I prepare to go to work again, and that’s not a way to constantly live.

I’ve been telling myself, “Do the thing. It’s okay.


Thankfulness Thursday,

the other years


wanna join us? Deets here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments